FOREN 2014 - The 12th WEC Central & Eastern Europe Regional Energy Forum
The Romanian National Committee of the World Energy Council (CNR-CME) is honored to invite you to the 12th edition of the WEC Central and Eastern Europe Regional Energy Forum – FOREN 2014.
FOREN 2014, with the theme “Tomorrow’s Energy: From Vision to Reality”, will take place in Bucharest – Palace of the Parliament, Romania, during 22 - 26 June 2014. The event will focus on the main challenges, developments and opportunities of the CEE power industry for a sustainable development.
Given the importance and prestige FOREN had at international level during its 11 editions, starting with 2012 the World Energy Council (WEC) raised the status of FOREN as the “Regional Event of the World Energy Council for Central and Eastern Europe”.
The 12th edition of the Forum will bring together more than 1000 participants from Romania and abroad, including WEC Member Committees, leaders and professionals in the energy industries; government ministers; advisors and officials; heads of international organizations; academics and researchers; representatives of the media; and many other people interested in the energy field.
The Program of the Forum includes:
- 5 Discussion Sessions and Poster Presentations with over 250 papers
- 12 Main Events (Opening Ceremony, 2 Keynote Addresses, Regional Energy Day, Policy Trilemma, 4 Round Tables at Forum level, 3 Workshops Study Sessions)
- 16 Corporate Round Tables
- International Exhibition with more than 70 booths
- Social and Cultural Program.
The Forum is open to members of the World Energy Council, WEC/Romanian National Committee, energy industry leaders, government ministers and officials, heads of international organizations, academics, media, WEC/RNC individual and corporate members interested in Forum theme:
- Electric and thermal power producers and suppliers
- Fuel (oil, gas, coal) producers and suppliers
- Equipment and service producers and suppliers
- Research and design institutes
- Universities and research centers
- Energy consumers
- Governmental institutions: ministries, regulatory authorities, regional and urban authorities
- Investors, banks, financial institutions
- Associations, non-profit professional organizations
Further details are available on FOREN website – http://www.cnr-cme.ro/foren2014/index.html.